[Glaslyn] Re: [Steppes] Demo: Westwood Junior High Catapult Competition

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Wed Feb 13 04:00:01 PST 2002

Friday, the 22nd at Westwood Junior High on the corner of Arapaho and
Meandering Way in Richardson.  The competition will be held in open area
south of the school.  Please park in the eastern half of the parking lot
on the east side of the school.  The 9th grade Geometry teachers uses
this competition to bring the math "alive" for their kids.  Although the
"official" start time is 8:30, the trebuchet's and onagers will begin
arriving around 7:30.  And although the official end time is 3:30, as
with our events, there is clean-up and break-down.  Anyone who wishes to
participate before or after "hours" is certainly welcome.  And if you can
only get away for an hour or two during the day, that would be great as
well.  There are roughly 130 students, split into 5 or 6 teams this year.
 The teams will be doing costumes and encampments again this year, which
"King Morris" and "Queen Overby" will ask us to help judge.  In essence,
this is a "working demo" for us.  We are asked to come and teach what we
know about these weapons from our period, assist in set-up and practical
use, and do add more flavor to an already colorful activity.  Also, crowd
control for the 7, 8, and 9 grade students being released from class to
come out and observe the competition.  We need people from all aspects of
our group.  Fighters, artisans, archers, water bearers, marshals, bards,
etc.

Please, come share your knowledge and join in the fun.

In Service,
Lady Francesca Laviana Sansovino

> Is it on Friday, the 22nd, or Saturday, the 23rd?
>
> Gab.
>
> >Greetings we have another demo opportunity the Westwood Junior
> HighCatapult
> >Competition. This will be the second year we have participated at
this
> >competition. The date will be March 22 and run from 8:30 PM To 3:30
PM.