[Glaslyn] Getting on the Ball w/ DOTF

Carolle M Cox hpockets at gte.net
Wed Feb 13 13:17:02 PST 2002

Cyniric, David and i will handle Heraldic and Chirurgeon for you.  I'll get
him to let you know requirements this weekend, or by email, ok?

Ok. Chirurgeonate questions.  I'll CIC the event, and recruit others to help
me.  They'll need to sign in when they arrive if they plan to 'work' the
event, and show a set of cards to me, or no go.  Sorry, new rules.

Physically, I'll need a pavillion with three tables, several chairs, three
water cambros, and a garbage can that closes (bees you know).  I have two
banners we can use.  We'll need two cutting boards, two very sharp knives,
several serving trenchers, and two dish basins.  Several rolls of paper
toweling helps a lot.   Also will need a budget for chemical ice bags.  And
of course, the ubiquitous sports bottles, the more the merrier.  A couple of
coolers would be nice to keep ice in for water cambros.  If anyone has
access to that holey matting that goes on wet factory floors, i'd love about
12 feet of it for under water cambros.  They make mud!  A cot would be a
dream, here.  I may have some of this, but don't have time just now to
search it up.

Renewable supplies:  a bottle of bleach, several containers of Gatorade
powder, several bags of ice, easy access to potable water, Oranges (if it's
gonna be hot, about 4 bags/day of fighting), Pickles (we can ask Caelin
where he gets the ones that don't need to be cut up.  We'd need 2 - 4 jugs
of those for hot-weather fighting).

Human Resources:  I'll put out a call for Chirurgeons.  They're usually
pretty thick in this Region, so that's no problem.  Will need one adult to
corrall the waterbearers,  and at least 4, preferably 6, working
waterbearers per hour of fighting.  Kids ages 10-16 work well at this!

Other things i'd like to have:  a meeting with all three marshalls.  A
moment at Court to thank those who serve with me during the day, especially
the kidlets.  The name of the city Hawkwood is in, so i can make
arrangements with EMS there.

In Service,
Lady Gerita Delmar
Journeyman Chirurgeon