[Glaslyn] Twas the Week After 12th NIght

Kellie Hardy khemail at swbell.net
Mon Jan 7 08:14:01 PST 2002

Greetings to th Greatest Barony and Cantons Ever!

Hi, hope everyone is rested and refreshed after a great Saturday at
Steppes 12th Night!  We were so happy to see all of you there, but we
must confess to a great frustration.  We were not able to stop and just
sit and chat with so many of you; we felt like we just got to give you a
sideways glance and a frantic wave as we were hustled along from place
to place.  We are sorry for that.  We want you to know that we saw you
there, and were glad you came.
We want to thank our event stewards, Philip White and Philo Alexander,
for a great event which ran very smoothly.  You guys and your crews did
a fantastic job.  The hall looked especially lovely this year.  Our
thanks to Morgan Cain for her hard work, and that of the kitchen crew.
It is not easy to feed so many people, and you all did a good job.  We
know Philip and Philo will publish a letter of thanks to everyone who
worked on the event.  Know all of you, you have our thanks as well.
Many congratulations are in order after such wonderful honors given by
their Majesties...
Master Airaklee Wolf, Order of Chivalry
Don Benedict Ashton, White Scarf
HL Muirane, Iris of Merit
Don Eisen, Star of Merit
HL Afan, Star of Merit
Lady Lavina, Thistle--Illumination
Lady Roana, Award of Arms
Sabina of Arkham, Rising Star
Athelwulf the Hungry, Rising Star
Lord Jon Rolfsson, Oak of the Steppes
We have two new members of the Order of the Grice's Track; Michael
Catron of the Fray, and Lord William Ironwyrm who ws gifted with the
regalia of Don Sebastian.  Our newest Acorns are Lady Nuala, Lord James,
Lady Liadan, Lady Alienor and GuyJin San.

A hearty congratulations to all of these worthy gentles.

We had so much wonderful garb at 12th Night; it was very, very difficult
to choose winners for the competition.  Our winners were don Eisen for
Men's German, Michelle Stringer of Women's German, Lady Elspeth for
Early Period and Benedict Ashton for Late Period.  Our dessert
competiton was won by Michelle of Falconrose for her rice pudding,
victorious over several outstanding entrants.  Table decorations were a
wonderful sight to behold!  The hall looked stunning.  Our winner in
that competition was

We had a great time, and we hope you did, too.  Hope to seee many of you
at Coronation, and then on to Queen's Champion!  Remember ot contact
Kayleigh or Antonia to see where your help is needed.  It IS needed!

For Steppes and Ansteorra,

Fritz and Catrin