[Glaslyn] Our DOTF Event

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 07:41:04 PST 2002

 I have reproduced below the Kingdom Calendar for April, May and June (as it was listed as of 9:19 a.m. this morning).  Please take a look and choose another date.  I have had 1 suggestion for May 17-19 which is the weekend before Warlord. April 19-21 looks pretty good too.  However, I'm not sure how many fighters in the Central Region go to Bordermarch.

    I see some down sides either way.  Bordermarch _can_ be a big event for fighters, but I am not sure how many from the area hold it in their tourney go-to list.  I remember Master Wolf mentioning he usually attends.  Not to determine stuff on one person but it would be nice if our one fighting peer was present.  That would have to be his choice.
   As to the weekend before Warlord, the upside is it give the local fighting community a great warm up to Warlord as the format is great.  The problem is we could be seriously limited to just the local population, not a bad thing, but if we want the event to grow, we need a good draw.  Those who travel to Warlord may not see the use in driving two weekends in a row to fight or play in the Steppes/Elfsea area.
   That aside, I personally like the smaller tourneys.  There are more fun and increase the chance of one of our own to be Defender and Keeper, which every fighter I have talked to really wants.   Also as I looked down the calendar, our becoming-traditional time for our Artisan is the week before Steppes artisan to which ours once again becomes a warm up.  even there though I think we had people show who might not have otherwise.  Also there is no local tourney close enough to Warlord to give the locals that final workout before the "Big Show".  Note:  The current Steppes and most recently former King's Champion fought in our tourney (Mahdi).  So I do not have a problem foreshadowing Baronial events.  Our events are fun and I like it just that way.
   My vote, as before mentioned, is for the 17-19 of May.

Godspeed,
CyniricGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com