[Glaslyn] The Harbormaster Drawers Nigh!

Kellie Hardy khemail at swbell.net
Thu May 16 12:28:13 PDT 2002

Good my Cousin Elfsea,
My most trusted covert operatives have brought a most distressing word,
that the pirate de la Haye is conspiring with a very highly-placed
Noble, in our very lands!  They say they have some evidence that one in
the service of the Crown, and a trusted emissary of mine own, would
betray the Barony of the Steppes by providing safe passage to this
brigand and marauder, and conceal her in our midst so that we have no
knowledge of her arrival!
EVEN WORSE, they tell me that one of YOUR most trusted advisors, a lady
of considerable rank and renown, is in cahoots with these filthy
villains!  They report that she attempted to collect a reward for
turning in the mysterious "Baron B" and his intercepted missives to the
pirate, but upon further search, found boullion and gold trinkets upon
her person which were known to be stolen by the sea-witch in Spain!
Imagine my dismay cousin, learning that our own houses would take blood
money from a thief!
My spies tell me that they cannot be sure that the awful correspondence
from the Noble to the Pirate are even authentic, and question whether
the Honorable Lady did most nefariously and with intent on malice toward
His majesty's sacred lands fabricate the despised documents with hope of
financial gian and injury to the Steppes!  I warn you, good coz, watch
your back!  Trust no one!  Your own servants may be plotting against
you!

Well, we shall see!   Lord Steppes and his Warlords, as many as can
arrive by this time next week, thunder toward Steppes even now,
returning from the pilgrimage, filled with the ardor of Crusaders and a
lust for virtuous battle!  The Harbormaster will not be insulted, let
alone vanquished, by the likes of this scurvy salt-cured  wench and her
thieving dogs!   Let them come!  And all who would shelter and abide
them, let them quake in fear!  For the lands of Steppes are rich, and we
will spare no expense, no man, no sheep, no tree, no bribe or torture to
drive out this plague and teach them...... not to mess with Fritz!
Away I now to my tower, to keep watch for the arrival of my hero.  God
keep us!

Catrin Steppes