[Glaslyn] next herb guild meeting

Sue Rogers wjwakefield at juno.com
Thu May 9 21:05:28 PDT 2002

REMINDER!  Please forward as necessary.

Contrary to the info in the Steppesletter:

The next herbalist guild meeting will be Monday, May 13, 7.30 pm at the
home of Suzanna, the herbalist.  Directions will be posted separately.
 Please forward this to anyone else who might be interested.

We will be making tooth powder - we can use salt or baking soda as a base
(or both).  Please research any herbs that you think might be useful in
tooth powder, and bring some of any herbs you might have for this (small
quantity).  Also bring a strainer and funnel if you have them.  We will
also make mouthwash - bring a half pint or small bottle of vodka for
this.  Also, as long as we are making powders, how about a body powder?
I use cornstarch for this, and maybe herbs like peppermint for summer?
Maybe an essential oil or 2?

We will also make insect repellant - bring bottles to take some home in.
Vicountess Kate has some southernwood, I have some wormwood and olive
oil.

We will also have a plant swap.  Bring a plant or seeds that you have too
much of, and take home something different.  LABEL PLANTS!  Try to
include requirements for growth like sun/shade, lots or only a little
water, how big it might get, what it is good for, etc.  This is lots of
fun, and can be a good way to acquire interesting plants.  The herb club
I used to belong to did this usually twice a year, spring and fall.

Look forward to seeing EVERYONE here.  You still have time to do your
homework.

Suzanna, herbalist
214-351-3907