[Glaslyn] FW: Missing 50 years (was:Re: [SCA-Dance] Repost: country dance evolution)

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at attbi.com
Sun Oct 27 16:18:02 PST 2002

Just in case you were interested....I found a web-site with a scanned copy
of a flier advertising for the First Tournament in 1966, which says that
"All guests are encouraged to wear the dress of some age of Christendom,
Outr-mer, or Faerie, in which swords were used."

 For the first Twelfth night in the SCA.  Look at the lower left-hand corner
and see where "Appropriate (pre-1650) Dress Mandatory......" It was 1967.
-http://history.westkingdom.org/Year1/Fliers/TwelfthNight.jpg

By 1968, this flier shows:
http://history.westkingdom.org/Year2/Fliers/March.jpg
saying: "Pre-17th century costume required"

Interesting anthropolgy.

Xene