[Glaslyn] Office Open For Bid

David L. Cox coxdl at verizon.net
Mon Apr 14 11:03:44 PDT 2003

Unto These Presents Come Greetings This Day Unto The Populace Of The Canton Of Glaslyn:

I write you four today to inform you that, according to Kingdom records my warrant expire on 31 July AS 37.  And as it is now early April AS 37, we would be well advised to consider how we will handle this to allow a smooth office transition. It is has been my great honor to serve this Canton for last two years, and I shall deeply value being of serve to each of you as 2nd Herald of Glaslyn. I would ask that you give the incoming Canton Herald the same level of support, and assistance that I have enjoyed on this most remarkable journey. I will, of course, be available at all times to aid and assist the 3rd Herald of this great Canton.

By Kingdom policy the office bid posting must be for at least ninety (90) days. There bids will be open effective the Business Meeting of 7 May AS 37, 2003 AD, and will close on 31 July AS 37, 2003 AD. Your bid for the office of  Glaslyn Canton Herald, by Kingdom policy and practice is to submitted to the new Eclipse Herald (Lord Timothy of Glastinbury, timothy at elfsea.net), the Canton Seneschal (Lady Cyrilla ferch Ross Marcellius, cyril_marcellius at hotmail.com), the Baron and Baroness (HE Fritz der Rothirsch and  HE Catrin Brynmorgan), and myself (coxdl at gte.net ). The Eclipse Herald in consultation with the Seneschal, the Baron & Baroness will recommend to the Star Principal Herald the 3rd Herald of the Canton for the Crown to Warrant. As soon as the announcement is made, I will be present to place the tabard on the shoulders of the next Herald [made by the skilled hands of HL Ceinwain], and hand over the heralds records box, along with a loud VIVAT. Please welcome them as you have me.

In closing, I am deeply grateful for the love, support, assistance, and yes - the patience, each you have shown in these past tumultuous two years. I would recommend that for a good gentle of our Society who wishes to learn about the College of Heralds from the ground up, this is perhaps the very best office to start in. In point of fact, you will learn much more, including the history, the lore, the legend, and most important the people who make [and who have made] this Kingdom great. You will learn much, for you will grow as a person, develop new skills (like speaking in Court), and have the opportunity along the way to be of fundamental service to the populace. I can think of few other roles that can give one the depth, breadth, and exposure to the entire scope of our Society as the local branch herald. In closing, I humbly remain

In Service To The Dream,
David ben Leon