[Glaslyn] Fw: Border Wars III

ylwrose2@juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Wed Feb 5 15:03:33 PST 2003

Being the event steward is a wonderful experience, especially for such a
great event as Border Wars.

Obviously, however, the credit for the event must go to the event staff,
and those hardy folks who pitched in at a moment's notice...

I would like to take the opportunity to personally thank everyone who
contributed:
  Frayman Milo, Frayman Thomas -- For helping with site set-up on
Friday...
  Lord Aradon & House Falcon Rose -- For hosting the First Annual Border
Wars Falcon Rose Bardic Competition
  Lady Franchesca Laviana Sansovino -- For working Gate, and for moral
support
  Alisha of Wakefield and Jeremy of Wakefield -- For working Gate, and
generally anything asked of you (including site tear-down)
  Honourable Lady Suzanna the Herbalist -- for helping  with all the
pre-event preperations (including site tokens, award plates, and painted
tapestries), and for running the Arts & Sciences competition, and of
course for the help in site tear-down
  Lord Agilwulf the Loud -- for helping with the site (both set-up &
tear-down), working Gate, and for running the melees and caravan raid
  Honourable Lord Alasdair Mac Eaogan -- for serving as both camp Herald
and as Chiurgion... and being run ragged to boot. :-)
  Leofwynn atte Gos -- for working in the event staff's camp,
coordinating Merchants,  working Gate, water-bearing, and all the other
"little" things we kept you doing... not to mention site tear-down
  Lady Marjory MacRae -- for designing the award plates,  making site
tokens, stapleing cows, serving as chief water-bearer and as boss
"Autocrat Wrangler", as well as site set-up & tear-down
  Lady Aldreda the Fair -- for making site tokens, stapleing
cows, running Children's Activities, working site set-up & tear-down,
and trying to make me look somewhat sane
  Lady Sunnifa Eiriksdottir -- for running (and working) Gate, site
set-up & tear-down, creating & running the Landed luncheon, preparing
the event handouts, designing the site tokens & having us over all the
time, not to mention stapleing cows & towing the trailer...

These people made it possible.  They all deserve the highest of praise.

Vivat the Event Staff!

--
Yours in Service,

Ælfhelm se reade
House of the White Shark
http://www.geocities.com/lordaelfhelm

"The wages of sin is death but so is the salary of virtue, and at least
the evil get to go home early on Fridays."
-- from Witches Abroad, by Terry Pratchett

Disclaimer:
Nothing in the text above is intended to irritate, offend, annoy,
hassle, bother, or otherwise cause harm or discomfort to anyone in any
way, shape, form, or fashion. The views presented are my own, and do not
necessarily reflect those of my family, friends, household, pets, or
acquaintances. Any errors, including spelling, grammar, or
typographical, are my own fault. Your mileage may vary.