[Glaslyn] Budget and financial policies

Scot and Michelle Henry cshenry at ev1.net
Sun Feb 2 13:48:40 PST 2003

Greetings all,
Now that we have an official seneschal, we need to write up a yearly budget
for Glaslyn.  So, that means each officer and anyone else who thinks they
have a valid reason for spending money needs to figure out about how much it
would take to run your office for a year.  Think about reports and waivers
that need to be copied and mailed, maintenance of any loaner equipment,
boxes and file folders for storage, and anything else you spend money on.
We'll need an estimate for the budget even if you plan on covering all costs
yourself (that gets viewed as a donation).
Also, consider what you feel is a total that we could reasonably expect each
of our events to cost us.

For the financial policy, some things to consider are:
how much money can be spent by an individual (such as an officer) before the
request needs to presented to the entire populace (all requests, even small
ones go through the financial committee)
how many members need to be on the financial committee (minimum = 3) (3 is
what's on the sig card at the bank so that the treasurer or seneschal need
to be involved in the decision to spend money)
minimum amount of time bids for events need to open
what happens if no bids are turned in by the deadline
how involved should the populace be in determining which bid is accepted for
an event
when and how are new budgets done
how do amendments get made for the financial policy
etc.

We've already decided who gets into our events complimentary, but we may
wish to discuss this again before it goes into writing.

Come prepared to discuss and plan this business meeting!

In service,
Lady Melissent the Capricious (Capricia)