[Glaslyn] Re: Girl Scout Demo

ED Reese edreese at m7bedlam.com
Fri Jun 13 04:42:49 PDT 2003

--
Dear Steve,

I have an idea for something that's a little different, but might go well
with that fairly diverse age group, if the girl scout troop leader thinks
it would work with what they have planned -- why not use the lunch period
to do a "practicum" on medieval manners?

My SCAdian family in North Carolina, with a little help from Ansteorran
Auntie Esther, successfully put together a feast hosted, and co-prepared,
by my 6 year old nephew. With a little communication and pre-planning, we
might be able to make lunch part of the demo, too.

If you like the idea and want to see if it can fly, let me know. Otherwise,
I'm sure we can come up with something else. :-)

Email me off list at edreese at m7bedlam.com, to spare the poor list the
Bandwidth, please! :-)

Esther

At 09:36 PM 6/12/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Finally got back with the Girl Scout leader. She understands that a one day
>session may be the best we can do. According to her the best day that would
>fit in would be Thursday the 19th.
>
>Suzanna the Herbalist has said she will be there and will do a class on
>herbalism. Any other class ideas that you may/would like to do, let me know.
>The time frame for the classes will be 45 minutes long, with a lunch break
>at 11 for the girls. the age range will is 5 to 12 years old.
>
>I will be doing classes on Bocce Ball, and Duchess Willow will be doing some
>storytelling. There is still more time that can be scheduled for. If you are
>available and would like to teach something, please come out and join in.
>
>The offer of European Court Dance would be greatly appreciated, The last
>class of the day would end about 1:15, so that they would be able to have
>all the girls together for their flag ceremony.
>
>If you know of any archers who are free that day, there will be some space
>available for an archery demo, (no hands on archery for the scouts).
>
>Dhmnall Dubh O'Ruairc
>

>---

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.