[Glaslyn] About Glaslyn

Melinda Turnage ceinwenswan at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:23:37 PST 2003

Here's the event announcement.
Ceinwen~
Glaslyn’s Defender of the Flame
March 28-30, 2003
LBJ National Grasslands
Alvord, Texas

    Does your honor come from the strength of your arm or the strength of
your heart?  We seek strong heroes to defend our Canton.  How many foemen
can you withstand?  Come enjoy our Hero’s Tournament and see how many you
can fight at once.
  The populace of Glaslyn wishes to invite all to attend their Defender of
the Flame event to take place on March 28-30 at the LBJ National Grasslands
in Alvord, Texas.  Site opens Friday at 5:00 p.m. and closes Noon Sunday.
    Chivalric, Rapier & Archery Defender of the Flame will fight for the
title in addition to the Keepers of the Flame to be chosen by the ladies of
Glaslyn.  Siege weapon showing will also take place.
    $8 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12 and children 5 years old and
under are free with a family max of $24.  A surcharge of $3 will be added
for adult non-members.  Checks to be made out to SCA, Inc./Canton of
Glaslyn.
    Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  They may also
attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver Form from the parents.  Pets are not allowed.  Site is primitive,
bring your own water.  Site is wet in period containers.  If you have any
questions or have special needs, feel free to contact the event steward.

Steward
Master Airaklee Wolf
mka: Doug Turnage
2619 Robinwood Lane
Denton, TX 76209
Email: Wolf7777777 at hotmail.com
Phone: 940-243-9912

Directions to Site:
Take your best route to Hwy 287 and proceed to Alvord, Tx.
Go to Business 287, then head east on Farm Road. 1655.
Next turn right on Roberts Road.
Then turn right on Parker Road.
Immediately turn left into the campsite (Valleyview Area), look for the
windmill.