[Glaslyn] Re: [Steppes] Another Successful Competition!

jspinks at ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 14 10:28:47 PDT 2003

And for what it was worth the students had a fine time as did I.  I must admit, though, that the parents with last years trebuchet and Lord Brendan with last years Mag 7 did a fine job of washing my boots and tabard with at least a dozen accurate hits from both at the 100 foot mark.  Both of the student trebuchets lofted the water ballo0ns an impressive 150 feet and I suspect they might have done better had the balloons not had acceleeration limits that prevented higher speed launches.   I even got a refreshing shower through the grill of my helm from one hit.

A slightly soggy trebuchet target
Jacques the Spink