[Glaslyn] Steppes September Populace Meeting

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Sun Sep 21 12:00:34 PDT 2003

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ATTENTION ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Steppes September 25th Populace Meeting place has changed.
The Populace Meeting and Polling for the new Baron and Baroness for the
Steppes will be held at the NewNew Buffet at 3822 Beltline Road in
Addison, at 7:00 pm. Take your best route to Beltline, between Marsh and
Midway (it’s closer to Marsh). If you turn South at the light at Business
Ave, you will be facing the restaurant (but a ways back from the road).
The Cantons of Lindenwood, Glaslyn, Black Oak Keep (incipient) and the
populace of the Crown Lands surrounding Steppes are invited to attend
this meeting to poll with the Populace of the Steppes.
IMPORTANT - I regret that I must announce that anyone who polled in the
recent Elfsea selection will not be allowed to poll in the Steppes
selection. We are counting on the honour that brings you to this Dream
that if you polled at Elfsea, you will not poll at Steppes. However, your
comments are important, so please forward them directly to the Their
Royal Majesties at Crown at ansteorra.org with "Steppes Baron/ess" in the
subject line. The Crown will accept commentary until October 20.

The instructions from the Crown’s emissary, the Central Regional
Seneschal, regarding the polling are as follows:
Polling will begin as soon as she is settled from her two-hour drive from
Tyler.
Minors (age 15 and up) will be allowed to poll.
Any one wishing to vote by proxy must send his or her polling sheet, in a
sealed envelope, with someone who is attending the meeting. You may also
mail your polling form, but it MUST be postmarked no later than September
25. The Crown’s address can be found on-line at Ansteorra.org or in the
Black Star.
Please bring your membership card (or on-line confirmation).
Candidates will be invited to give brief statements, a Q&A session will
follow, and polling will take place. Obviously, those who mail in their
polling forms may not submit another one at the meeting.
There will be two tables. One for members, one for non-members. The
polling sheets for members/non-members will be two different colors. The
forms will be the same one that is currently on the Steppes Webpage, and
the instructions are the same. You will be asked to provide your SCA and
mundane names, home area (Steppes, Lindenwood, Glaslyn, etc), list your
1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice of Candidate, indicate your member/non-member
status, and sign it. A "polling box" will be provided where you can drop
your completed sheets. Their Majesties will review all ballots regardless
of membership status.
REMEMBER – this polling is only to give Their Majesties our opinion about
who we would like our next Baron/ess to be. The Crown has the final
decision.
If you have any questions, please contact the Steppes Seneschal at
214-343-6351 or ylwrose2 at juno.com.