[Glaslyn] Um, your bard here....

ED Reese edreese at m7bedlam.com
Tue Jan 13 04:21:28 PST 2004

Hey, everyone!

I sort of wrote a poem.... And since I have the honor of being your bard,
y'all are gonna get to see it. Aren't you _lucky_?

I'll spare you the details. If anyone wants to hear the technical side of
this, email me off line. If you have any comments, feel free. You are
perfectly welcome to hate it, to laugh at it, or whatever. Just don't call
my horsies names, please. :-) They wouldn't understand....

Esther
Your Flaming Bard
(And dem'd proud of it, too!)

Oh, one thing -- "The Red Arrow is Flying" is a direct quote from His
Majesty at Coronation, when speaking with the Calontir Ambassador.
(Caltontir is aka as "The Falcon Thrones".) I am not sure, and have asked on
the bards list, if the key phrase is something I heard somewhere else. Let
me know if I did, eh?

Call to Estrella

Red arrow flying!

Black Star Rising

Over Blood Red Sun!

Glory to be won!

Deeds to be done

On fields of dread!

Falcon will be fed!

War lies ahead

For Blackstar's foe!

Dealing death blow!

Biting swords show

Their strength, striking.

Lancers charging!

Heavy hooves drumming;

Iron-shod attack!

Foemen reel back!

Bows sing, axes hack

Shield punches jar!

Heroes Stellar!

On War's altar

Tribute heaping!

Steel blades clashing!

Brave souls dying

Of battle's fever.

Foemen waver!

Most sleep forever

'Neath Death's dark wood.

Royal brotherhood!

Triumph in bud,

Flow'ring ahead.

Foemen have fled!

The living dead,

Cowards men shun.

Falcon Flying!

Black Star Rising

Over Blood Red Sun!

Lordy, that's pretty bad, innit?  Laugh away, gentle cousins! Nothing
funnier than a dreadfully _earnest_ poem!

Esther