[Glaslyn] Care Packages to Our Troops In Iraq

M TURNAGE ceinwen7777777 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:30:18 PDT 2004

fellow SCA member Friedrich von Konigsberg , lets have a drive for care
packages for our soldiers.

I will be your contact point. Bring your items to Populace & Business
Meeting.   Deadline will be August Populace (August 18).  If you cannot
attend these meetings feel free to contact me so we can meet and I'll get
the items from you.

So what can you bring?  Here is a the list:

Beanie Babies (they can give these to the children, which helps them make
allies)

Breakfast-type foods and drinks are the most needed.

Beefaroni, ravioli, spaghetti & meatballs, etc

Beef Jerky Candy, gum, trail mix, etc.

Fruit, in the small flip top cans. (Put zip-top cans in a plastic bag!)

Cereal bars, granola bars, Special-K bars, etc.

Coffee, instant and regular, and filters.

Coffee cups. (metal, camping types are good.)

Coffee makers, hot plates.

Canned nuts.

Canned chips, like the potato sticks or the small canned Pringles, Doritos,
etc.

Decent can openers

Powdered drinks, pre-sweetened, Kool-Aid, Gatorade, etc.

Snacks, brownies,Lil Debbie, snack cakes, etc, nothing with icing that will
melt.

Soups, chunky, chicken, beef, etc.

Tuna, canned and packs.

Antibacterial wipes - lots of these!

Anti-fungal for their feet - athletes foot creme, foot powder - no aerosol
bottles.

Band Aids, cough lozenges, small packs of Kleenex, shower-to-shower powder.

Combs, paper, pens, envelopes, lip balm, eye drops, q-tips, nail clippers.

Eye drops - the cleaning kind - because of all the sand storms...(Put in
plastic
bag!)

Female necessities

Flip flops - shower shoes - so they can air their feet out when they get a
break.

NO Flea Collars!!

Small containers of Tylenol, Motrin, etc.

Small tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, shampoo.

Sunscreen

Comics and paperback books, crossword puzzle books.

DVDs & CDs.

Game Boys, the ones your kids don't use anymore, and the games Magazines.

Sports stuff (baseballs, footballs, old gloves, frisbees...)

Batteries, alkaline - Mostly AA-size, but some AAA

Batteries, rechargeable, and chargers - Mostly AA-size, but some AAA also.

Avon Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard, available here for 1/2 off sale.

DEET insect spray.

Disposable cameras.

Electrical items; Transformers, dual voltage appliances, plug adapters, etc

Fans. All kinds. Especially small, hand-held battery types. The kind with
sprayers are great.

Flashlights - small, black or dark green, AA battery. Headlights (small
flashlights worn on a helmit).

Maglite (flashlight) bulbs.

Music CD's. (Have a portable player you don't use anymore?)

Pens, paper, envelopes. (NO stamps! They get free mail.)

Phone Cards

Pillows,small or inflatable, self-inflating camping air mattress.

SpaceR "All Weather" blankets. (Find the ones with olive drab, tan or camo
on
one side.)

SpaceR "Emergency" blankets. (These are much smaller, easy to keep.)

The Oxford Picture Dictionary: English/Arabic

or click on this link

http://www.anysoldier.us/WhatToSend.html

Money will be also needed to ship the package.  For example, a 25 lb package
will cost around $70.00 to ship.

We will also want to include cards, pictures or letters with our package.
So,when you give, please also write at least a quick note to them.

When it gets close to time to mail out the package I'll get with you all so
we'll know who we're sending the package to.

Any questions, feel free to contact me.

In service,
Ceinwen~