[Glaslyn] An Announcement regarding the Office of the Steppes Knight Marshal

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 19:54:37 PDT 2004

Good my friends and neighbors of the Steppes, I bid you greetings and well-wishes!

My words to you today come with slightly heavy-heart, for I find myself in circumstance both in and out of the society that requires me to resign my commission as your Knight Marshal.  Mundanely, my work at Brinks will be requiring my more frequent travel once again, through the end of the year, which would be when my commission expires at any rate.  Additionally, Their Royal Highnesses have requested my presence as members of their Entourage.  I look very forward to serving Their Hignesses, but am saddened that it means I will no longer be able to continue to serve you in my capacity as Knight Marshal through the end of the year.

I've consulted with His Excellency, and we've agreed that we need to close out this process in short order.  To that end, the announcement has already been made verbally to the regular fighters at Steppes fighter practice, and I will post it to the baronial and canton email lists.  If anyone knows of ANYONE who is or may be interested in this position, PLEASE make them aware of it.  The bid for this office will close at Business Meeting on July 6th.

For anyone interested in this position, please make your formal application known by contacting the following individuals:

Their Excellencies: abd-al-mahdi at excite.com and richila at swbell.net
Seneschal:  ylwrose2 at juno.com
Central Region Marshal:  turtlewurx at hotmail.com
Myself:  morganbuchanan at hotmail.com

You will need to complete an application form which will require a photocopy of an identification form such as your driver's license and you are required to be a paid member of the SCA.  This isn't necessary to APPLY, but you need to have that taken care of when you take over the office.

The important thing right now is to make your intention to apply for this office known to the individuals listed above.  Everything else can be taken care of after that.  Your application letter should include your mundane contact information, a brief resume of qualification for this office, and any ideas and plans you may have for the execution of the office.

It has been my sincere pleasure to serve this Barony directly for so long, as Knight Marshal, Acting Knight Marshal and Deputy Knight Marshal.  I look forward to serving Ansteorra in a more direct role with Their Highnesses, but I also look forward to continuing to serve The Steppes in the future as well.

In Service to the Steppes,
Centurion Morgan Buchanan
Knight Marshal, Steppes