[Glaslyn] Letter from Iraq

M TURNAGE ceinwen7777777 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 06:48:42 PST 2004

Glaslyners,

Just wanted to let you all know that SFC Jeff Upton wrote me a letter with
regard to the packages we sent them several months ago.  Here's what the
letter reads..............

---
Oct 29, 2004

Thank you so much for your support.  And an especially large thank you for
the package.  Everyone is continuing to enjoy the movies, it's all the
entertainment we have.  You may have read of comps having first run movies,
swimming pools and outstanding facilities....we don't.  We're not
complaining though, there are others with less than us.

I recognize you have sent more than one package and humbly thank you for
your generosity.  Many of my troops are near twenty years old and may have
failed to properly thank you.  I don't raise them.

The weather is starting to cool down, it gets in the low 60's at night and
the highs are only in the ninetys.  The platoon continues to be healthy with
good training, a bit of luck and by the Grace of God will remain so.

People such as yourself make our efforts all the more important.

Sincerely,
SFC Jeff Upton