[Glaslyn] Fwd: Kindom of Heaven demo tomorrow - we need you!

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 07:15:44 PDT 2005

Greetings everyone and may many blessings come your way this fine Thursday.

The "Kingdom of Heaven" demo is tomorrow Friday May 6th.

The demo will be at Cinmark Tinseltown Plano, at 3800 Dallas Parkway, Plano, Texas 75093 (Parker and the Tollway).  Here is the link to the map
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=3800+Dallas+Parkway&csz=Plano+Texas+75093&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=   The theater is just a little north of Parker on the east side of the tollway.

The movie times are listed below. As you can see, a new movie starts just about every hour, so get there when you can.  I am hoping to be there at or around 4:30 or 5:00.

11:25AM 12:10PM 1:20PM 2:45PM
3:30PM 4:45PM 6:00PM 7:05PM
8:15PM 9:15PM 10:15PM

Maybe we can watch the movie in shifts.  The manager did not offer discounts - sorry.
We also need a grand display for after the movie is over to attract movie-goers over to learn about our group. His Grace Duke Miguel has volunteered to head up the fighters, Her Grace Conal and Lady Allessandra will be setting up several displays, HL Ciard will be there showing off her A&S, and HL Isabeau, HL Helene and HL Guillaume will lead everyone in dance.

We need you, too! This is the perfect way to get people that are already interested in our time period in one place to pitch our wonderful organization.

It would be great to have as many people in 12th Century garb as possible. So what was worn during the 12th Century?  Well, here is what I discovered...Bliaut, T-Tunics, Sideless Surcoats.... here are some links...

http://www.virtue.to/articles/extant.html

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/manet/394/page21i.htm

If you do not have clothing appropriate to that particular Century, its ok -  just wear something clean cut and elegant.

Please please please leave your live steel at home, for obvious reasons.

So wear your best attire, bring your fabulous artisan exhibits, dance to music in the hall, paint up a storm, show off your bows, fight for glory and honor and win some hearts over!

If you have any questions, please contact myself at 214-284-8855 or steppes_hospitaler at yahoo.com .  You may also contact Bre'nain at noble at delafyeld.com.

Please come and show the locals who we are!

Yours in Service
Lady Katheryn Cunningghame
Steppes Hospitaler

http://mail.yahoo.com