[Glaslyn] Fwd: [Elfsea] Local Midieval symposium

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 17:15:32 PDT 2005

In a message dated 9/29/2005 4:05:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,
chevalier8278 at yahoo.com writes:

thought a few of you might be interested in
attending, if not  submitting a paper.

Ldy.  Aurelia

I  am happy to announce that The School of Visual Arts
at the University  of North Texas will be sponsoring a
public lecture and interactive  workshop to be given by
Corine Schleif and Volker Scheir of Arizona  State
University. These events will take place on November
10th  and 11th. (See below for times and locations).
Our guests will  present their latest project, "Opening
the Geesebook."  Because  this work combines the
expertise of an art historian and  musicologist, and is
thus quite inter-disciplinary in focus, we hope  to
interest a broad range of Medievalists.  I realize
that  this is an early announcement, but we wanted to
insure that you had  plenty of time to get these events
on your calendar and alert your  students of the
up-coming opportunity to share these scholars'  work.

Lecture: "Opening the Geesebook," presented by  Corine
Scheif and Volker Scheir
Thursday November 10th 4 PM,  School of Visual Arts,
Room 223

Workshop: "New  Media"
Friday, November 11th, 9 AM, School of Visual  Arts
Building, Room 226

Along this same line of thought,   and in hopes of
fostering the interaction of graduate students  from
within and around the metroplex, we have set aside
Friday  afternoon, the 11th, for a Medieval Graduate
Student Symposium.   We invite medieval students, of
any discipline, to submit a 20  minute, conference type
paper.  We have time for six papers to  be divided into
two sessions.  Our Graduate Student Association  will
be providing lunch refreshments for the break and will
be  organizing an informal get-together afterwards for
our student  visitors.

We encourage submission of papers that have  been
submitted and/or delivered elsewhere.  Our deadline
for  submission is October 21st.  We will notify
acceptance by the  following Friday, October 28th.

Papers should be sent  to:

Dr. Mickey Abel
Assistant Professor, Art  History
University of North Texas