[Glaslyn] Steppes Artisan Thank You's

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Mon Aug 28 20:55:28 PDT 2006

To the Nobles and Gentles of Ansteorra Do I Send Greetings

This years competition for Titled Artisan of the Barony of the Steppes
has ended.  But it could never have happened without the help and support
of many, many people.  I am pleased to say that with the exception of a
very few people, this years event was staffed by folk who DO NOT pursue
the Arts and Sciences as their primary endeavor.  The support staff
included representatives from the Chivalric, Rapier, and Archery
communities, and from every station - newcomer to Royal Family.

I cannot express my thanks and gratitude enough for the aid and
encouragement that these people gave me.  Be assured, my appreciation is
as great for those I cannot name as for those I can.

Please pass on word fame for the following folk:

HL Lete Bithespring and Lord Frank the Illiterate Scribe for taking a
simple concept and turning it into a remarkable Black Star ad.  I was so
excited at how well it turned out, I jumped up and down for joy for at
least 5 minutes.  Thanks also to Jamil Sneed, who took Lete and Frank's
work and completed the process for the ad.
Lord Faelan Caimbeul for the website, and for stepping in at the last
minute as Head of Security.
HE Ameline duBois, for the beautiful scroll that was awarded to the
winner.  Many thanks to her also for coordinating with the other judges
for contributions to the prize basket.
To Mistress Kalida and HL Saqra for volunteering to make the site tokens.
 Mistress Kalida designed and made the site tokens, with special thanks
from Mistress Kalida to Countess Regina and Michou (please forgive the
misspelling) for helping to stamp all of the ceramic discs.  HL Saqra
wove the 'ribbon' for the tokens, and strung them.  She wove special
ribbons for the site tokens for the past Titled Artisans, and (I believe)
calligraphied name tags for each of the tokens for the past Titled
Artisans.  Their Excellencies Valeria and Mahdi received site tokens with
their names inscribed on the back of each one.  What these two ladies
produced from my simple idea absolutely amazed me.
To Sir Morgan Buchanan for being in charge of Gate.  For staffing gate
with local fighters, and folk who attend fighter practice regularly.
Great thanks go out to Lady Lyneya de Grey for being in charge of
pre-registration.  For handling all manner of questions and requests in
advance of the event.  And thanks also to Sir Lasgard for assisting with
load out, and with the artisans when they arrived on site.
The set-up crew was headed by Don Ingve of York and included Their Graces
Miguel and Conal.  Thank you to those who got up early to do set-up the
morning of the event.
We were fortunate to have Sir Morgan and Master Robin sharing duties as
voice heralds.
And I must thank the competitors for breaking down so quickly when
judging was over, so that we could set up for Court.
I'm also grateful to Padraig Mac Allaster, who volunteered as my page for
the day.
And last, but certainly not least, Lord Alvin and HL Donnel for being in
charge of tear down.
And I certainly must thank HL Jaque the Spink for putting up with me
during the process.  For keeping me focused, giving me counsel, and
helping with load in.

I would also like to thank the officers of the Steppes who must be
involved in the process of putting on an event.  The Treasurer, Lady
Elinor; the Virtual Scribe, Matthew; the Seneschal, HL Margarite; the
Hospitaler, Lady Constance; and the Quartermaster, Lord Torquil;

Special thanks to HL Jon and HL Catalina for the prizes they offered to
artisan son behalf of their household.

Thanks to each of the Titled Artisans for being willing to try something
new this year.  There was an 'intermission' from judging so that everyone
could partake of midday repast.  By all accounts, it was well received by
everyone.

Thank you also to Their Excellencies Valeria and Mahdi for entrusting me
with the stewardship of the event.

There are so many others to thank.  Newcomers who helped at gate.  I
never knew their names.  Those who advised and supported me.  And those
who wished me well, even though they never had the opportunity to tell me
so.   If I have not mentioned anyone by name, please let me know.  I
truly wish to thank everyone who contributed.

It is due to the hard of these people that this event was such a success.

Thank you so very much.

Yours in Service
HE Francesca Laviana Sansovino