[Glaslyn] Fwd: [Ansteorra] Does your honor demand obedience or justice?

Keally Howell/Colleen O'Kelly ldycolleenokelly at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 05:20:19 PDT 2006

oneeye at megaboxes.com wrote:  Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:58:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: oneeye at megaboxes.com
To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra] Does your honor demand obedience or justice?

People of Ansteorra, Outlands and other great kingdoms, I put this
question to you:

Do you stand in support of tyranny or would you strike a blow against it?
Will you follow a leader simply because he wears a metal band on his head,
or will you demand that the weak be protected and that justice be done? Do
you believe there is chivalry and honor in aiding an oppressor or do you
feel as I do that only by standing against such acts -- even though the
odds be against you -- can you display true honor?

Know that the Baron of the West seeks to raise an army for the purpose of
"crushing" a widow who seeks to defend herself and what remains of her
clan. Her true crime, that for which her life is forfeit, is only that she
is the widow of the last rival this baron had put to death, a rival in
what should never have become more than a private dispute. Don't be an
accomplice to such acts. Stand instead in a place of honor, defend the
widow, demand a fair hearing of her grievances, demand justice and a
righteous resolution of this conflict.

Kainin has made it clear he has no interest in resolving this dispute by
any means other than arms, and that he intends attack and slaughter, I
think it is the duty of all fair minded people to gather to halt his
attack.

I hope to see you all at the Gothic War in defense of this widow, calling
for a fair hearing for her grievances and demanding justice in this long
standing dispute. Remember, next time it could be YOU, YOUR CLAN or YOUR
HOUSE who end on the wrong side of some powerful ruler. Wouldn't you hope
for fair minded people to come to your defense?

I remain,

Captain One Eye