[Glaslyn] Fwd: Re: [Ansteorra] Dire News from western Ansteorra

Keally Howell/Colleen O'Kelly ldycolleenokelly at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 16:35:36 PDT 2006

HE Kainin Tepesa <kainintepesa at yahoo.com> wrote:  Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:29:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: HE Kainin Tepesa <kainintepesa at yahoo.com>
To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
CC: western at lists.ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Dire News from western Ansteorra

Greetings unto Captain One Eye,

I fail to see how capturing noble ladies of the court,
most notable Baroness Ceinwen who has been held for
near on a year, and marshaling a well armed force in
the peaceable lands of western Ansteorra can be seen
as anything but an act of vile treachery and a threat
of open war. These crimes cannot go unchecked, we
march for battle!

Kainin Tepesa
Baron of Bonwicke

It seems to me that "calls to arms" and other rather
extreme measures are being taken without first hearing
the unfortunate window's complaints. While I am sure
some unfortunate things have been said -- by BOTH
sides -- it should be our goal to find a fair and just
resolution to this sad situation.

There are reports that an army has been seen but could
this not simply be a defensive force? It might not be
so outrageous a thing if you consider that this woman
may feel that she and her clan have been repeatedly
attacked. Each side strives to put the best face on
their version of events over the past few years and
while each undoubtedly feels their version is
justified, how can we know what a neutral observer
would say?

I see a lot of claims and panic mongering here but
without knowing more about what is REALLY happening I
would be very suspicious of those who are trying to
alarm the people and push them into taking precipitous
actions.

A voice of reason,
Captain One Eye