[Glaslyn] The Night Before Yule.

seeker offun s2eker_offun at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 22:33:22 PST 2006

  Women, children and men all draw near,

And I will tell you a tale that happned one year.

  Twas the night before Yule, and the harvest was in,

The larder was full, there was hay in the bin.

  We were sitting and supping on bread with some
cheese,

and a truly fine porriage made from dried pease.

  Then up in the thath I heard stomping about,

as quick as a coney I jumped up and ran out.

  The rooftop was shinning with a quite eerrie glow,

my first thought was fire, it's a fear, sure you know?

  Then i spied little people, all fluttering about,

I yelled to my wife, "Lady come out".

  They were about a foot high with fine glowing wings,

They were really quite lovely, those fluttery things.

  I said to my Lady," quick get some bread,

fore they stomp down the cottage on our poor childs
head".

  So fast as a sparrow she did as I bid,

At her quick movement the creatures all hid.

  I called up quite softly," please do not fear,

my wife has got bread and milk for you here."

  Then I herd a small voice say, "If it is all the
same,

we'de rather have beer."

  Yes beer, that I had, of my very own make,

I was happy to give them a glass to pertake.

  Then drums and pipes did magicaly appear,

as we all sat down, with a cold mug of beer.

  We drank as we talked, and talked as we drank,

as the moon up above she slowely did sank.

  They said, "your a friend, to feast us this night.

We are sorry It started as a trick to give fright."

  I said "It is allright as i needed a jump,

but my porriage has gone to a quite solid lump."

  With a laugh they said, "to pay for the dish,

we will gift you this night a magical wish."

  Not for money, nor glory, nor land, did I wish,

nor even to be lucky as I went out to fish.

  To end my tale, for the night is near dead,

to my new friends the pixies, this I said,

  "This is my wish and I hope it's quite clear,

that next Yule you return, with ale, mead, or beer.

When sleeping last night I dreamed I had It all,
I then awoke and looked next to me, YES! she is there.
Her Husband.