[Glaslyn] Steppes Business meeting minutes (for those who might have deleted it the first time)

Michelle Hanson bmhanson at airmail.net
Mon Jun 12 15:18:53 PDT 2006

I am re-posting this as it occurred to me after I hit send (and had some
very gentle reminders about spam) that the subject line. While funny,
probably not a good idea.  I apologize and can only say that I will _TRY_ to
not let it happen again.  :)  Thanks for being understanding about my
decidedly weird sense of humor getting out of control.

THE MESSAGE WAS...

I apologize that this is getting to you so late.  Next time it should be
faster.

And…if anyone wants to volunteer to take notes at business meetings in
future, please let me know.

*************************PLEASE TAKE SPECIAL
NOTE****************************

Next month’s business meeting has been moved to WEDNESDAY JULY 5 due to the
holiday, please join us for great food, great conversation (pre/post
–meeting only), and fabulous business!

AGAIN business meeting has been moved to JULY 5th (Wednesday) due to the
holiday

*******************************THANK
YOU*****************************************

Now on to the story….

Archery Marshal:

   Sunday (yesterday) at Ld Alvin’s home archery practice will be held at 10
AM; directions were to be posted

   Practices are regularly held at Eastfield College

   Several tournaments were held at Warlord including a Novice shoot, a
William Tell, and a children’s shoot (this is not an all-inclusive list)

Chronicler:

   We have a new chronicler (missed her name) and it looks fabulous!!

Knight’s Marshal:

   10 fighters at last fighter practice

   fighter practice is every Sunday at Mary Head park in Carrollton

   Warlord list had 68 fighters

Historian: absent

Hospitaler:

   Close of business bids for office closed to be announced at July business
meeting

   Possible sale of loaner garb discussion temporarily tabled

   Demos for the Steppes – after only 1 year and some might want to rethink
demos that are being done – 10 demos accomplished and only small response

   Long discussion about possible future demos ensued including suggestions:

1)       garb for demos only

2)        quarterly demos as primary demos

3)       more sew days and newcomer revels as get to know you events for
people who find us on their own

Arts & Science Minister:

   Lindenwood’s “Believe it or Not” event having an A&S competition
(populace vote)

   Return of the mini-collegiums – earliest could have next one is 1st or
3rd weekend in August

     Master Petruccio and Esther ? will be hosting classes on food at the
first one

Minister of Children:

   Great turnout for activities at Warlord – discussion of appropriate
behavior for children at events as well what activities to provide for them

   Upcoming demo for Cub Scouts

   Activities for future events

Quartermaster:

   Open for bids – will close at July business meeting

Virtual Scribe:  absent

Exchequer:

   Thank Elin for job well done; welcome Elinor

   Some Warlord receipts still outstanding

   $13000+ in bank account

Lindenwood:

   “Believe It or Not” event upcoming – Chivalric/Rapier tournaments,
classes, A&S competition – will be great fun

Guilds:

   Calligrapher’s:  still happening

   Bardic:  no guild master; revel on Thursday 7-15

   Southern Steppes:  beginning in July will return

ARTISAN:  8/26/06; Baroness Francesca event steward

   Alcohol judging on site, but no sideboard (will be dinner intermission)

   Between Gothic and Pennsic this year

   Pre-register available probably Aug 5

WARLORD:  Baroness Serena

   Accomplished Warlord, many thanks were given (see future Steppes letter
for complete list)

   678 people attended

Seneschal:  absent

HRM Mahdi:  Lyonesse is happening in the fall; stepping down in July and
returning as Baron

Next populace Friday June 23 at TE Conal & Miguel (I think)

Next month’s business meeting has been moved to July 5th due to the holiday

Future business meeting notes should be more comprehensive in nature.  Thank
you for reading all the way to the bottom.  Not many people do you know.
Some people only read the part that pertains to them, or the very beginning,
some people only read the subject line, some people just hit delete.  <sigh>
Oh well, thank YOU for reading this informative and enlightening document.
Please feel free to print it and read in the future as fantastic bedside
material.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask the person
closest to you in either family or geographical nature.  Or, you could
contact the person who deals with that department specifically, or you could
contact me.  Whichever.  :-) :-)

Again, I hope you have enjoyed this commercial free documentation of our
latest installment of “Steppes Business Meeting 6-6-06”  Oh, and nothing bad
happened despite the date.  Hehehehehe  :-) :-)

HL Margarite

Officially announced but not yet it Steppes Seneschal

For any typos, misspellings, grammatical errors, etc. please let me know and
I shall fire my secretary directly!

Knowledge is power.  Power corrupts.  Study hard, be evil.