[Glaslyn] Light Fighting loaner gear

Nancy Chevalier chevalier8278 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 09:13:39 PST 2006

I was just wondering.  The fencers are Olympic style
fencers, but a few of them wouldn't mind trying our
style.  I was just wondering if we had any loaner
gear, because most of their rapiers are wired and use
pistol grips. I only have one other rapier, and I'm
told its a bit short for their taste.  As far as hoods
go, I have one spare if Seamus doesn't show up
otherwise I could make some more over spring break.
(next week)

The practices are on the UNT Campus:
Monday and Thursday, Stovall Hall Rm. 124 from 7pm-9pm

Let me know When you would like to come. They did want
to let the SCA'ers have a bit of an exhibition at one
of their meetings.  We would show them some fighting
and then get to talk about gear, history, saftey, and
answer questions. I'd like to get together with you on
that and invite somemore fencers from the barony.  So
let me lock down a date on that with them.

as far as just practice goes it might just be the two
of us fighting SCA style for a bit, but I'm working on
that.  I'm a bit rusty myself.

Thanks for the info.

Ldy. Aurelia