[Glaslyn] [Ansteorra] The Time is Now at Hand

Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Wed Aug 22 11:10:34 PDT 2007

Unto Their Majesties, King Ulsted the Unsteady and Queen Ebergardis von
Zell, warmest greetings from your humble servant, Armand Dragonetti, by your
grace, Baron of Elfsea and Lord Dragonsfire Tor!

My dear cousin, the Baron of Bonwicke, has spoken truthfully.

I have indeed remained close at home, among the friends and populace of
Elfsea, celebrating a bountiful harvest and secure in our fortifications.
While His Excellency of Bonwicke continues his travels and leaves his barony
in a state of unease. I offer thanks to my good cousin for proving my point.
He is indeed honorable to speak so forthright. Tis true our harvests have
been bountiful and our children well fed, I am yet dismayed that he ascribes
the deadly sin of gluttony to myself and our gentlefolk. Perhaps his agents
misrepresent? Generosity, wise King and fair Queen, not gluttony. We wish to
extend this generosity to His Excellency Kainin and the Western Region.

As another example of generosity, and in the interest of good relations, I
shall not point out his slanderous language to the chivalry of the Central
region, with his claims of undeserved or unearned security. His mettle shall
be tested quite well enough without inciting their full wrath. I pray that I
can convince them of the folly of his words, spoken from emotion rather than
experience.

And not wanting to draw too much attention to His Excellency's youthful
analysis, please ask yourself, Ansteorrans, if Gothic War reveals that the
West is indeed lacking in readiness, in whom should the Crown entrust the
kingdom's "Crown Lands"? It is not arrogance or presumption. I do not lay
claim to lands that are not mine to promise, but rather express confidence
in the wisdom and franchise of our most saged Sovereign.

Now unto Ansteorrans, as if succulent brisket, cobbler and abundant beer and
ale were not enough to entice you to fight for my cause, (and so shall it be
provided to those who do), I shall provide you further encouragement, as
Lord Bonwicke doth offer supposed words from Ansteorrans to undermine the
justice of our cause, let me share a few words that MY agents have
secured.....

"Just for my personal peace of mind if you are planning to go to Gothic Wars
in two weeks in Ansteorra
(http://www.bonwicke.org/Gothic/default.htm) could you please reply off list
to candrade at gmail.com so that we have an accurate count of who is going?
It would be nice if all of the Citadel was camping
together and to know who to look for when you get on site. Jerusha and I
plan to leave early on Friday 31st (the drive is over 400 miles with a time
zone change) so plan accordingly"

Is this not evidence that Lord Bonwicke has seen fit to solicit assistance
from OUTSIDE Ansteorra to fight his battle? To bring in foreigners to fight
against Ansteorrans? Is this his idea of protecting Ansteorra's western
border? In addition, his own man, Lord Jaspar Codrington, was planted in the
midst of Elfsea to subvert us from within and has yet eluded my baronial
guard. Even now is he rumored to prepare to serve as General of the Western
forces. One who resides (or did) in Elfsea!!!

Upon these revelations, I CALL UPON EVERY MEMBER OF THE CHIVALRY AND ALL
NOBLE DONS/DONAS to answer my CALL TO ARMS! Send word of how many of your
squires and cadets shall join *you* at Gothic War to fight at my side. I
CALL UPON EVERY LAUREL! Will you not journey to Gothic? How many of your
apprentices can you bring? I CALL UPON EVERY PELICAN, your service and that
of your protégés are severely needed. It has been said that Ye shall know
the tree by it's fruits. Pray, let *YOURS* be known by the side you shall
support!!!

ON TO GOTHIC!!!!

In the service of kingdom, crown and barony, I remain,
Armand Dragonetti
Baron of Elfsea
Lord Dragonsfire Tor

I know well the boundaries of the Barony.  As

"