[Glaslyn] More info on "New Shire" idea... zip codes and all...

John Gillin bonz6x at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 12:51:07 PDT 2007

Goode gentyls of Glaslyn... I, Baron Wylfred have been in communication with the Kingdom Senechal, and information has been passed to me which may be of interest, to any interested parties.

  However, FIRST let me say... it is in no way shape of form, my desire or intention to "take anything away" from the Canton of Glaslyn, her populace, honor, resources or pose a burden or create any deterimental effects.... NO, not at all... no way Jose'... If I have a motivation, it is two fold... 1) extend the influence of SCA Civilization farther into the hinterlands of the Kingdom thru adding another Branch to the SCA tree,
  and 2) to help gather together and serve those who reside in this area (miles from nowhere), by creating a new haven where the Dream may exists locally for them (and myself of course LOL!)...  So yes there is to some degree a selfish motive, I admit it!... but moreso... Virtue is served, in as much as there is a greater good to be served/accomplished in the long run, from which ALL may benefit. Any help towards obtaining this worthy goal will be gladly and gratefully accepted.

  The Kingdom Senechal has stated that these Zip Codes remain the Crowns lands... thus far governed by none other than the Crown itself... and therefore could potentially be included in a new Shire or Canton. If you live in one of these Zip Codes I would LOVE to hear from you personally... and/or perhaps if you live in Grayson County, my friend (perhaps to be considered a co-conspirator) m'lady Galen, who lives over there would also like to know of your existance.

  **** copy of Zips*****
  The following zip codes by County are considered Crown Lands according to the Kingdom Seneschal:

  Grayson
  75020
  75021
  75058
  75076
  75414
  75459
  75489
  75490
  75491
  75495
  76233
  76240
  76245
  76264
  76271
  76273

  Cooke
  76233
  76240
  76241
  76250
  76252
  76253
  76271
  76273

  Thanx for you indulgence... and I hope to hear from residents (list lurkers or not) who live in these zip codes.

  In Service to the Dream,
  Baron Wylfred of MorganVayle
  (mka John Gillin)
  Email: bonz6x at yahoo.com