[Glaslyn] T'was the heat (is Re: New shire to be formed)

John Gillin bonz6x at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 06:37:01 PDT 2007

OK good gentyls... I am certain I may have made a fool of myself with the last posting... Let us agree, T'was the heat and a touch of Rum...

  None of the good gentyls of Glaslyn or other places "nearby" have done any "misdeeds" or whatever... I suppose I was just barking my frustrations outloud... howling at the edge of the abyss (and the edge of the World).

  Since SCA participation is ones OWN responsibility... I have none to blame save myself... for any lack of participation on my own part. I suppose I could say that I should get up off my old half dead arse and do something... yet at the same time,  have been doing alot LOL! Working my half dead arse OFF trying to make a mundane life here in the great state of Texas... which has left me little time and energy for things of the Knowne World. Ergo, the frustration... which I did blurt out on a public SCA group forum... My apologies to all.

  However... even in my worst moments, I find that sometimes there is merit in the rum induced mad rantings of this old battleaxe toting warrior... and perhaps forming a shire up here, north of civilized territory, may not be such a bad idea, in and of itself.

  I realize everyone has a Life... and all are just trying to live theirs and get by day to day... And  know people have their established routines and their own circle of friends. But I will tell you truly, I am beginning to become very very lonely since I have been here in Ansteorra (since March of 06). So I will admit that 90% of that situation is my own fault... and I shall let y'all decide if or where any other shortfall lay from an SCA hospitality standard or perspective.

  So, I will close now... having apologized for the mad rantings... perhaps I shall be forgiven this trespass... and we begin again... anew.

  bestt regards
  Baron Wylfred

Troop0341 at aol.com wrote:
  To my Friends at home, Greetings...
A question: Did I miss something??? I mean other than our
weekly fighter practices, monthly populace meetings and other local events? Seems
something is in the wind there (possibly too much heat?) and I am not sure
what to truly think of it... If I have missed something of importance, will
someone let me know what it was? May Fortune Smile On You All!
With Respects, Iain
Faith, Honor and Kingdom...