[Glaslyn] Upcoming Demo - NTIF 25 ! ! ! !

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Wed Jan 31 19:30:26 PST 2007

Greetings to all

Yes, it's that time of year again, the demo at North Texas Irish
Festival.  And this year is the 25th Anniversary, so it will be bigger
and better!

I have volunteered this year to coordinate our efforts at this annual
event.  So please contact me off list to let me know how and when you can
help.  We need people to help set-up (do you have a tall ladder?), man
the booth, talk to people, demonstrate the Arts and Sciences; man the
outside pavilion, herald the field/crowd control, demonstrate our martial
arts, waterbear.  I am in contact with the event steward and working on
getting passes.  These will be given out first to volunteer, first to get
in free.  Do we have any Renaissance Dancers willing to attend?  How many
Chivalric/Rapier fighters will be attending?

I would like to get some fresh ideas for this year.  I want to break the
routine, as much as we can with what are given to work with.

The "Cultural Presentation' for the festival this year is "The Pension",
a theatrical presentation dramatizing a meeting between Granuaile (or
Grania, Grace) O’Malley and Queen Elizabeth I.
The play is written in homage to two of the greatest women of an age, in
their finest personal and political hour by Judy Lanahan-Monroe. With an
accomplished cast, this promises to be a fascinating look at a moment in
the lives of two of the most powerful women of an era.

Chek out the NTIF website for more info.

I look forward to hearing from folks.

In Service,
Francesca