[Glaslyn] potential... event ... seeking thoughts.

John Gillin bonz6x at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 16:17:30 PDT 2007

PS: There is an event in my old homeland called Cattle Raids... and those Damn Trimarians certainly have a good time... Let us NOT allow those rotten, low life, southern, come to Gulf Wars, foes to do better than we, in treating Cattle Rustlers any worse than TEXANS can treat a cattle rustler... eh>??? Why THAT is tantamount to horse-thieven... or worse.... MAYBE as bad as maiden abuse! Oh ye Knights and Warriors of Ansteorra rise up!

  And the Irish traditions, poems, odes and songs and stories tell us of many WARS fought over cows and such... pretty Period (yes?) By golly I bet this has set you to thinkin.... eh, what?

  Are ya plannin the event yet? I am staying outta dah way.... y'all do what ya wanna...

  Wylfred

John Gillin <bonz6x at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Greeting goode gentyls... Baron Wylfed here.... yes, seeminly long lost... but still pumping blood throught the old viens...
I have a few thoughts on a potential event, I would like to share... and then any inventive minds or "stupid volunters" may want to follow up...

As some of you may alredy know... I came to Ansteorra from Trimaris lo' this past March of 2006 (mundane reckoning). I have hardly participated in SCA activities... (sorry) but LIFE sometimes happens whilst we make other plans...

In the midst of developing a new life here and pursuing my mundane interests (ie: food, clothing, shelter predicated upon gainful employment) some things have transpired which may be of interest to thos whos are the Pelican Wannabees... apprenticed to a member of said Order and the Service types in the Caton of Glaslyn... or some of you other NUTZ... who get involved in putting on events.

My dealings and hard work here have come to fruition, mercy has been shown me by the Universe... and TOMORROW... I move to my new property near Gainesville TX... several acres of woodlands, pastures and other amenities in the Boonies.... said Boonies could serve as a perfect small event site.... at little to no cost for a Canton who decided to capitalize on the good fortune of a Noble old Soul who has come to dwell among you.

Now I dunno about you... but those people over in Brad Leah... piss me off... (not really, but ya need an excuse for a WAR right?) I never met any of them yet but I deem them a pack of thieves and scoundrels who have impinged and tried to STEAL CATTLE from my lands...

Now I dunno about you... but that pisses me off (in a kind and gentle way) and I demand satisfaction...

Considering that My Lands are on the far northern borders of the Canton of Glaslyn... a Canton of the Barony of the Steppes... MEthinks the Landed Baron (My friend Sir Morgan) and his Lady should pay attention to the plight of a BARON of the COURT and do something about this thievery... ESPECIALLY considering the Barbarians in question Hail from the Northern Region of the Realm...

Now... there is plenty of camping space and a good bit of parking for the wagons and dragons... a pool, a hot tub... a place to build a fire and party AFTER we vanquish these thieven heathens... and the toll for said event space is damn near NIL except for the rental of some porta-castles... I am thinking we can MAKE a WAR happen... if we are willing and the Creek don't rise (4000 yards from the Red River)

By Golly Let's invite them out for a fight... and cook one of those stolen COWS after we kick the crap out of them...

I daresay some of the more Northern Baronies, Cantons and Shires may object a wee bit to us beating the crap out of Brad Leah for sport and satisfaction... but what the heck... the more the merrier and and I say "BRING IT!"

ANyways... it was just a thought...

My armor has been packed since September of last year.... I think it is itching to get out of its box...

ALL replies (for good or ill) will be welcomed.

Baron Wylfred of Morganvayle
(former enemy, but now a land owner in the Kingdom of Ansteorra, my how things change)