[Glaslyn] Thank you

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 08:51:38 PDT 2007

Greetings good people of the Steppes, Glaslyn and Lindenwood

  Wasn’t Warlord fantastic?!  Thank you to each and everyone who worked this wondrous event. I will leave it to our good event stewards H Lady Chiara and Lord Damon and their staff to list their specific thank you’s first before I chime in.  But I can tell you I was very proud of everyone who worked so diligently to make it a fine Steppes Warlord.

  I wanted to personally thank the following people who helped me this past weekend prepare for the step up ceremony - H Lady Catalina and Lady Osanna who made my beautiful red and black silk dress for the investiture, Lady Elisabeth and Lady Elizabeta who are my fantastic entourage and support, Count Gunthar for taking care of all of us, Lady Viviane for making my favors. Also a big thanks to Lord Geoffrey for helping take down and transport my flooded tent. You are all a joy to work with.

  A big thank you to Duke Miguel and Duchess Conal for your support and advice.  Thank you especially to Master Robin and Mistress Serena for being wonderful mentors and teachers.  We are truly blessed to have such fine leaders here in the Steppes.

  Thank you to my wonderful bagpiper Arman who played such a moving traditional Scottish tune (giggle).  Thanks also to His Grace Mahdi for being such a good sport when asked not to enter the tourney (I really WAS just kidding).  What a great field herald!

  Nothing can prepare you for the first day.  It is busy, fun, crazy, emotional, overwhelming and joyous all at once. Thank you to you all for making it a memorable experience.

  Now begins our journey together.  Let us look to the future and explore new traditions while we honor the past.  Let’s share our knowledge so that we all have a better understanding of the ways of ancient history.  Let’s have fun while we get to know each other a little better.

  You are my friends, family and my home.  I am pleased and honored to serve you.

  Baroness Katheryn