[Glaslyn] Finn here, need a favor. I hate asking, but well...

James bajula at windfire.net
Thu Oct 11 23:57:35 PDT 2007

First : Not only feel free to say no, but call me all sorts of names if you
wish.
I know I haven't been around lately so asking this is in rather poor taste
at
best, but there ya go...

I Just got back from the hospital with daisy, I'm tired and dingy and
positive
this won't be clear or make sense, but I'm going to try because I can't get
sleep before sending this.

I'll start with the stupid parts.
#1 bad move, since we mail the mortgage, we send it expecting cassie's next
weeks
wages in the calculations.
#2 bad move I had a work table in the back yard for armoring. While the kids
know to
stay away from it, apparently winning at tag trumps safety, rules, and James
telling them
to stay clear of it.
#3 bad move James has two eyes and three grandkids, still my fault and it
doesn't make it better, but there it is.

Now the 'sob story' parts.
Daisy smacked face first into something, no one really saw it but with the
way the lacerations were it had to be something from the armoring table. No
blood on anything there, but it just had to be. I had turned the other way
where draven was and just flat didn't see her head that way.
I feel like *edited* over it, but if anyone else wants to pile more on feel
free. It's totally deserved.
I should have had a better eye on things. So anyway she's flooding herself
with blood, across the nose (to the bone and the docs were amazed she didn't
break it) and the part no one saw because it's hard to get a 4 year olds
hands away from their face when they are like that, had JUST missed her eye,
but laid open a gash along her eye in layers. First look, umm past a
band-aid, probably stitches. scoop kid, kick open door, wake up cassie (who
was sleeping for work.. which is where the other problems come from.) Stop
the bleeding, and she agrees we need to head to the hospital (at this point
no one has yet seen the eye problem.) Presbeterian (sp?) won;t touch it.
They call around to find a plastics guy and get her ready to be shipped to
cook children's in ft. worth. Dr. nyguen was a decent enough sort, they had
all kind sof people come look (irritating daisy who just wanted a band-aid)
to see if they would be willing to try. (they did have an alternate plan if
they couldn't find a plastics guy, but it was way not the first choice since
everyone figured they'd jack up the eye one way or another. So James and
daisy get into the ambulance with jeremy and amy. (yes I remembered every
name I could. The ones that were nice to her anyway.) Amy wanted to record
daisy. Who was awesome cubed btw. other than the heartwrenching moments like
apologizing for getting hurt, and having to wake grandma up.
still messes me up. She enjoyed the ride and asked a billion questions about
everything in the ambulance. She told me without james there she'd be afraid
"like this" and did a quiet fake screaming thing. Yeah way to go james, she
has so much faith that I'll keep her from harm, even after I caused harm to
come to her. Shift change happened while we were on our way and the news we
were coming never made it to the next shift. They were uber busy and not
thrilled, in fact no one was there to help us, or even take down paperwork.
but Brian, an emt guy who worked there, pushed things through bumping a
bunch of other people. (While understandably upset thier kids were out
playing in the waiting room and had pretty minor injuries. Well one kid imho
would actually need stitches. (the dept that worked on cuts was backed up.)
Anyway no one knew we were coming, no plastics guy, nothing. Just Brian who
is awesome with kids ..(well really all the people at cooks were.) who
politely brow-beat people into getting things moving. It was more of a "this
IS' kind of thing. I'd like to learn how to do that, since no one was
offended by it and he still got it done. Well the guy they brought it was
just specialized in sewing up cuts. Like a nursing spec. Richard, I think
cassie said his last name was barry? Anyway he did an outstanding job. I
can't tell you how many stitches she got because he doesn't count them, and
I don't really care either other than it was 'alot' but I figure someone
will end up asking. the eye was done in layers so bunch of inside stitches
and some outside, the nose was fairly straight forward. I doubt the eye will
leave a noticable scar, which is amazing since the last time I was around
people who did sutures often well scar tissue would have made the eye pull
funky at best.
Getting side tracked and not thinking straight. Not sure about the nose. I
didn't see it after he was done, it's all bandaged up now.

What we need: A short term loan of  $180 to cover cassie's missed day of
work. (we can get it back as soon as the checks for bills clear) You can
take interest out of my hide if need be.
I don't want to ask. I need to. No is still acceptable. If you lose your
keys and turn over all but one stone and still haven't found your keys....
I'm going to try every possible avenue no matter how unlikely.

Cool stuff about daisy: Pets names towards her can no longer be pumpkin or
the like, 'cause that kid is in no way soft. She smacked into whatever it
was at such a speed because most weekdays her and I walk up to the school to
pick up her brothers, so she covers about 3 miles a day usually 4 days a
week .. sometimes just three though. and runs the majority of it. She can
out sprint her brothers and while leaving them in the dust, she keeps going
after they can't run anymore. Seriously I have no idea how fast she was
moving to do that, but for a 4 yr old... just wow. I told her I was just
going to start calling her tiger, instead of pumpkin. When she got hurt, She
wasn't wailing like I would have imagined after seeing the cut. I at first
thought one of her brothers pushed her, and she fell. (no, neither was even
close to her.) The whole apologizing for getting hurt thing just about kills
me. Insisting all she needed was a band-aid and why was it taking so long to
get one... She took everything better than anyone I've met would have. That
includes the people I met in prison. She insisted on holding the gauze to
her head herself. and only got a little irritated that the doctors kept
having her pull it away so the next guy could take a look. and she did
scream and cry about having a line put it. We later had to get through to
her that since that was in, they didn't have to stick her anymore. just that
one. (there was a local later, but we'll get to that.) So once she gets they
aren't going to put anymore needles in, she's all kinds of cool with
whatever else they want to do. poking and proding? barely a flinch. washing
stuff out, she just looks mean at the guy. She's chatting it up with
everyone. comforting her brothers, and telling everyone she's going to be
fine. She was a little scared about and ambulance ride until she found out I
could go with her. Ye gods, I already kinda spoil this kid, now with the way
I react to stuff I feel is my fault... oh man. Shantel probably remembers
how I was with the cat julius after the broken leg bit. Uh oh. I gotta have
someone else stop me from spoling her to the point she's uncontrolable.
Bleh. So where was I? oh they gave her morophine (a wee bit) for pain before
the ride. I know know what she will act like if she ever heads the drugs
route. She was just saying it hurt when they asked, she wasn't complaining
or anything, so she probably could have gotten by without it, but I don't
know anyone who would have wanted to. She was pretty loopy for the last half
the trip. She stays a trooper through all the stuff at cooks which I'm too
tired i guess to go into, cassie knows better since I had to take the boys
out before they started working on her. I can remember cassie talkign about
how they told her most kids scream about the local, but that she wouldn't
remember it due to a medication I can pronounce but not spell they had given
her before starting. Conscious sedation was how they decided to go. I'm
forgetting about a billion things and likely skipping many more. but anyway
the kiddo didn't even cry apparently. just kept asking the guy sewing for a
bandaid, and what was he doing?
People donate clothign bought from walmart by the way to send kids home
whith who can't wear what they had on before.  kinda cool, and they gave her
a barbie.
Oh in the ambulance she asked if when I grew up I wanted to be like jeremy
(one of the emt guys) and when he asked what she wanted to be she said a
ballerina princess. well of course right? Before we left Amy (driver) was
helping her re-settle her dress saying let's get this down, we don;t want to
show everyone your panties. and she declares 'But they are PRETTY panties.'
(that's when amy wanted to start recording her.) She had thousands of little
quips like that, especially after the morophine kicked in and she got a
little babbly .. heh like I am now???
but I can't remember any others at the moment.

Okay I am emotionally, mentally and physically worn out, I don't really
expect anyone to be able to help, but we could sure use some well wishing.
Any thoughts sent our way can be written to daisy and I'll read them to here
verbatum (well... skipping any accidental explatives that is.)
Any harsh thoughts can be directed at me. I'm an idiot. No more tag for a
while, and no armoring until I get a way to physically barr the kids from
entering. and then likely only to complete the projects that I already said
I'd do. I know accidents happen, but a tree limb falling on someone vs.
something *I* put there.. well I think you see.

-Finn