[Glaslyn] FW: [Steppes] The Region Formerly Known As West

M TURNAGE ceinwen7777777 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:34:47 PST 2008

Being a part of the great barony of the Steppes, let Glaslyn too support those of the West!

In service,
Baroness Ceinwen ferch Rhuel
Seneschal, Glaslyn
--------------------------------> Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:15:38 -0600> From: cunningham.julie at gmail.com> To: gray.quill at gmail.com> CC: steppes at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [Steppes] The Region Formerly Known As West> > Good Quill> > Thank you for your politely worded missive. My heart goes to those folks to> the West.> > I know that I will do what I can on my end to support our Ansteorran> brethern to the West in any way that I am able.> > Katheryn> Baroness of the Steppes> -------------------------------------> > On 1/7/08, Quill <gray.quill at gmail.com> wrote:> >> > To the excellent people of the Barony of Steppes.> >> > I came to you not very long ago from the Western Region. Though it seems> > like my whole life, I have not actually been doing this SCA thing for very> > long, and in that short time I've been all over the place, but so far> > residency-wise I've spent the most time out there. And so, as my new> > baronial home, I hope you'll understand when I tell you my heart weeps> > right> > now for the pain of our neighbors.> >> > Word may or may not have reached you by the time you read this that the> > Western Region is, by royal decree, being dissolved. Five of her shires> > are> > being disbanded in this, and told to choose to let their numbers fall with> > either the Barony of Bonwicke or the Shire of Trelac (who has been> > encouraged to put in for Baronial status soon, once they have the numbers> > and some semblance of new stability). These groups will then be asked> > which> > region they wish to align with henceforth (and, though unlikely, it is> > possible that we may receive them as fellows of the Central). All this has> > happened for a number of reasons, and I'm certainly not the one to try and> > explain - I know very little of actual details and even less of the> > history> > and progress of things... but I do know that, though they will survive and> > make the most of their situations, there is much heartache and bitterness.> >> > I love my friends and family in the West dearly, as I love each and every> > Ansteorran. That is why I would like to ask you all now, could the Barony> > of> > Steppes (et al) please do what you can to support our fellows under the> > Sable Star. A word of encouragement from time to time, and I know that> > it's> > probably a lot to ask many of you, but it is possible to make it all the> > way> > out there for some events. I know they would be incredibly appreciative.> >> >> > One of my favourite things about the SCA is how we know that wherever we> > go> > we'll have friends; stalwart friends who will do nearly anything for> > fellow> > seekers of The Dream, from providing someone with tent, garb and armor for> > the weekend, to a warm house open to anyone in a blizzard, to giving a> > poor> > college student a hot home-cooked meal and a box of utensils to take home> > with him... And as the middle of the Central region, in the heart of> > Ansteorra, I know I can count on you now. Thank you Steppes.> >> >> > --> > In Service to The Dream, and to each of you> > Cuillioc /|\ "Quill"> > Titled Bard of the Barony of Bonwicke and Mendershamshire> > _______________________________________________> > Steppes mailing list> > Steppes at lists.ansteorra.org> > http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/steppes-ansteorra.org> >> _______________________________________________> Steppes mailing list> Steppes at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/steppes-ansteorra.org