[Glaslyn] Mark Your Calendars - Fantastic Demo Opportunity

April Page alpage1225 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 6 11:39:51 PDT 2008

For those of you not obligated to attend Coronation on July 12th, I have a fantastic way to spend your day in town.  SMU's Meadows Museum has invited members of our local SCA groups to participate in their Super Saturday Family Day from 11:00am until 2:00pm on the SMU campus.  The theme of the day is "Kings, Knights, Priests and Peasants" and is running in conjunction with their current exhibit of 15-16th century Spanish art.
The Steppes participated on a smaller scale a few months ago with the Museum on another portion of their exhibit, and they are very enthusiastic about having the SCA come back.  This is a fantastic opportunity to allow the SCA to shine in a public, mainstream venue.  For this event, we are expanding the demo to permit Chivalric and Rapier fighting on the lawn outside the museum.  Tables will be placed throughout the galleries for A&S displays, and those attending will be encouraged to wander through the exhibit.
An added bonus:  the Museum will work us into any radio advertisement they engage in with WRR and KERA, if we so choose.
If you are willing to attend and bring your A&S displays, please contact me and/or my deputy, Lady Regan Caimbeul, as soon as possible so that I can give the Museum a basic idea of what to expect from us.  I would like to see transportable projects-in-progress brought along as well so that visitors, the children in particular, can see how things are made.
Heavy and light fighters, please contact Lord Fiacha and let him know you'll be there.
If you are going to be in town on July 12th, I encourage you  to participate in this demo opportunity.  Those of you with children should bring them -- there will be activities and hands-on projects for the kids organized by the Museum staff.
YIS,
Lady Elizabeth Seale
Central Regional Hospitaler