[Glaslyn] totally off topic, but....Gary Gygax, Game Pioneer, Dies at 69

James bajula at windfire.net
Tue Mar 4 23:06:39 PST 2008

There is a decent article on it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/05/arts/05gygax.html?_r=1&ref=arts&oref=slogin

I just wonder how many people know what a change he made. If you take old
school
D&D out of the timeline as if it never happened, kind of a big change if you
follow it
through, even for a pile of scadians. Sure alot of people read about say
king arthur or
robin hood and that led them down a path that got them here. How many though
were helped
along by RPG's and the idea of actually getting INTO a story. So when they
run into the sca
they were more than halfway "into it", they gathered others.. and on and on.
Sure good old D&D didn't do it all, probably not even most, but ya gotta
admit it had a pretty profound effect yeah?
Well done with my 2 cents, just passing it along.