[Glaslyn] Glaslyn's Artisan of the Flame

Nancy Chevalier chevalier8278 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 11:48:00 PDT 2009

              Glaslyn's Artisan of the Flame
                Saturday, August 22,2009
                Transport Workers Union
                Golden Triangle Drive
                 Fort Worth, TX 76177
              (For Directions See Below)

Good Gentles!

We invite you all to join the Canton of Glaslyn on Saturday, August 22, 2009 as we choose our artisan champions for the next year. We will be naming our Artisan of the Flame and our men folk will be choosing a Keeper of the Flame for the Arts.

Body of work with 3 to 5 entries, documentation required. There will be a novice competition for skills that a gentle has learned in the last year. No documentation required for the novice competition.

The site opens at 10:00 am and closes at 7:00 pm

Site fees will be $5.00 (Gentles over 13) Free (12 and under)

Checks to be made payable to SCA, Inc. / Canton of Glaslyn. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents or legal guardian.

Pets not allowed.

Evening feast is pot-luck. Please contact chevalier8278 at yahoo.com with your contributions.
Donations to the pot-luck include...
Salad
Irish Stew
Fruit
Bread
Cookies
Cake
Peach tea
Lemonade

If you have any questions or special needs, feel free to contact the Steward.

Steward:  Food:
Lady Aurelia Yverneau
mka: Nancy Chevalier
Email: chevalier8278 at yahoo.com
Phone: 940-453-1722

Directions to Site:

Make your best way to I-35W. Take exit 64 at Golden Triangle Blvd. Follow signs on the service road. The site is on the right behind the *** store.

**We would like to caution all who will attending this event. The site is located behind an adult only store. A very large 3X sign can be seen from the main road.

Transport Workers Union
Golden Triangle Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76177

Friday  7:00 pm

Site set-up

Saturday

   9:00 a.m.  Pre-Opening Meeting

   10:00 a.m.  Site Opens

  11:00 a.m.  Arrow Making -- Katchya

  12:00 Noon  Brocade work -- Mistress Hanna
      Judging begins

  1:00 p.m.  Mead Making -- Dunchan

  2:00 p.m. Field Ettiquette -- Master Wolfe

  3:00 p.m.  Metal Piercework-- Silvius

  4:00 p.m.  SCA Dancing -- Jocelyn

  5:00 p.m.  Simple Middle Eastern Cooking-Saqra

  6:00 p.m.  Feast & Court

  7:00 p.m.  Site Closes