[Glaslyn] Upates, Steppes Gulf War Encampment

Ruth Devlaeminck darnea_7 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 18 21:54:30 PST 2009

Hello Steppes, Lindenwood, and Glaslyn, Gulf Wars is rapidly approaching and it is time to pre-register.  Please come out and join the Steppes encampment this year.  To do so, list "Steppes" as your group when you register.  Lady Vivianna (tinygypsylady at gmail.com), Lady Alianorra (alianorramacaiodh at yahoo.com), and I (darnea_7 at hotmail.com) will be your Steppes landocrat team and would like to touch base with everyone regarding the encampment.  Please feel free to contact any of us with any questions that you have We are hoping to have a well-organized and fun year this year.  In order to make that happen, please send me the following information after you have registered (I will be collecting the tent information and laying out the encampment, so please send it to me): Mundane NameSCA NameTent size without ropesTent size with ropesNumber of people pre-registered who will be staying in this tentDate of planned arrival We are planning on laying out the encampment in advance and will be arriving early on site to put up signs marking where everyone's tents will be.  Please note that we are allotted 15'x15' per person (or 15'x30' for two people).  This includes walkways and common areas.  Please look at the size of your tent and be sure that you have the correct number of people registered to stay in it.   NOTE:: If you are not pre-registered, we are not allocated space, and cannot guarentee that we will have room to accomodate your tent.   To make life a little easier, we are planning on having a common kitchen (not meal-plan) and a Steppes shower for $10 a person (to cover the cost of propane etc).  It will include access to stoves (we will have one large and two small stoves), limited pots and pans (we will have at least one "bag-and-boil" pot plus assorted smaller pots and pans), cooking utensils, dish pans, dish soap and morning coffee.  Everyone will be welcome to use it, but please plan on cleaning up after yourself.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.  YIS,Lady Layla bint Yusef