[Glaslyn] Re-introduction

Cyrilla ferch Ross ladycyrilla at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 18 13:01:39 PDT 2009

I am so happy you have returned.  Yay!

Lady Cyrilla

--- On Wed, 7/15/09, rbculver at sbcglobal.net <rbculver at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: rbculver at sbcglobal.net <rbculver at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Glaslyn] Re-introduction
To: glaslyn at lists.ansteorra.org
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 8:32 PM

Hi all!

  I am going to reintroduce myself as it appears I am going to be able to play again starting soon.  After talking with my dear wife, while we cannot go jump into the deep end, we will come back in as a family.  Hopefully our schedules will allow us to meet everyone.

   First about me,  go by Rich normally.  I was a part of Glaslyn, being its herald at one time, a while back.  I stopped playing just about 7 years ago when we found out my daughter was due that year and our time would be taking up with other things kid related.  Then I went by Cyniric Cyniwarding, but as my wife pointed out, I did kill him off in a freak wagon accident, so I will probably come back with some other name that will take people/voice heralds months not to mangle. :)  Back then my primary heraldic skill was with names from pre-1066 Germanic Europe.  Linguistics is a passion of mine.  I work in Denton as a school bus driver.  Enjoy heraldry as well and while I cannot commit on a warrant level, I can help form ideas for those interested.

   I played an early Migratory/Vendel age Angle fresh from Continent to early England with a heritage of my persona being Angle and Southern Swedish of the time.  it allows me to play with some of the archeology of East Angle adn Northumbria a few generations later.

  My dear wife is named Jennifer.  She has no persona as of yet.  However in real-life, my wife is very smart, except for the marrying me part by what can I say, I snooker well.  My wife holds a Masters in Literature with a focus on Anglo-Saxon lit.  Her Masters thesis was on the valkyrie image in the Exeter Book of poems.  She is also attending UT-Dallas for her PhD in History of Ideas, with an interest in how the medieval era get redone and addressed in modern times and our current media.  My wife has spoken at the International Medieval Conference in Kalamazoo, MI every year for the last four I think.  My wife attend the NEH Tolkien summer seminar about 5 years ago and has written on various aspects of LOTR, which she used until recently as the summer reading for her 12 graders to tie in British Literature from Beowulf to the Modern.  She now is also entering her second year as department had of her English dept. in Lewisville ISD.  She does
have an interest in calligraphy.

  Combined we make a good team for knowledge on Anglo-Saxon studies, though of the two I am the real dunce compared to her, especially in Lit where I tend to do better with the language and history.  Jennifer has studied on her own A-S charms, talismans, and so forth.

   We have three kids (mine, hers, and ours): Ric - 13 in SD with his mother, Raven - 11; and our dear princess Catharine/Falka (she uses the latter in school by we usually still use the former around the house; Falka is her legal second name).

  Yes Louis, I will hopefully get back to fighting though with considerably more armor and protection than when I last fought.

  Again we hope to meet everyone but it might be sparse for a while as we ease in.  In addition to all of Jenfier's work, our middle child does gymnastics in Southlake 3x's a week.  Jennifer goes to school 2 nights and I a hope to take a class or two the other days.

   What else... Oh, I received my AoA in January of 2001 under now-Jarl Timotheus at Steppes 12th Night.

Sincerely,
Rich
considering Wihtric hlafard Wihtmunding...yeah everyone will just call me Ric for short. :)