[Glaslyn] Glaslyn's Artisan of the Flame

Colleen/Keally ldycolleenokelly at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 18:40:56 PDT 2010

http://www.glaslyn.org/artisan.php

Glaslyn's Artisan of the Flame
Saturday, August 21,2010
Transport Workers Union
Golden Triangle Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76177
(For Directions See Below)

Good Gentles!

We invite you all to join the Canton of Glaslyn on Saturday, August 21, 2010 as we choose our artisan champions for the next year. We will be naming our Artisan of the Flame and our men folk will be choosing a Keeper of the Flame for the Arts.

Body of work with 1 to 5 entries, documentation required. In addition there will be a novice competition for skills that a gentle has learned in the last year. No documentation required for the novice competition.

If you are interested in teaching a class, please contact Lady Aurelia Yverneau at chevalier8278 at yahoo.com

The site opens at 10:00 am and closes at 7:00 pm

Site fees will be $5.00 (Gentles over 13) Free (12 and under)

Checks to be made payable to SCA, Inc. / Canton of Glaslyn. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents or legal guardian.

Pets not allowed.

Evening feast is pot-luck. Please contact chevalier8278 at yahoo.com with your contributions.
Donations to the pot-luck include...
Fruit
Bread
Tea

If you have any questions or special needs, feel free to contact the Steward.

Steward:
Lord Silvius the Fop
mka: Donald Whitney
email: seneschal at elfsea.net
Phone: 817-908-1653

Classes:
Lady Aurelia Yverneau
mka: Nancy Chevalier
Email: chevalier8278 at yahoo.com
Phone: 940-453-1722

Directions to Site:

Make your best way to I-35W. Take exit 64 at Golden Triangle Blvd. Follow signs on the service road. The site is on the right behind the *** store.

**We would like to caution all who will attending this event. The site is located behind an adult only store. A very large 3X sign can be seen from the main road.

Transport Workers Union
Golden Triangle Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76177

Friday  7:00 pm

Glaslyn Site set-up

Saturday

   9:00 a.m.  Pre-Opening Meeting

   10:00 a.m.  Site Opens

  11:00 a.m.  Clever Displays Tips - Mistress Hanna von Dahl

  12:00 Noon  Lunch (There are a number of off site choices available in the area)

      Judging begins

  1:00 p.m.  Bardic Basics and Ettiquette - HL Magge MacPherson
This class covers when, where and how to perform, without offense or hurt feelings. There will also be time for those who would like to perform and get feedback on a piece to do so

  2:00 p.m. Kumihimo - Lady Aurelia Yverneau

  3:00 p.m.  Repousse Demo - Lord Sivius the Fop

  4:30 p.m.  Feather Fan Making - HL Toryn Seven Stitches
This is a make and take. Please bring 1/2 yard fabric of choise for fan base, and bring 9-12 11"-13" ostrich plumes, a few dollars to donate to offset the cost of materials used.

  6:00 p.m.  Feast & Court

  7:00 p.m.  Site Closes