[Glaslyn] Feast and Hall Steward class

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 15 22:31:03 PDT 2013

For those interested in learning how to be a Feast Steward,
and for those interested in learning how to be a Hall Steward (every feast
should have one of each), Sir Domingo, OL, and Baroness Sancha Galindo, will be
teaching a class on these skills.

The class will be 3 August 2013, a Saturday. We will kick
off starting at 10:00 AM, with a meet and greet featuring hamburgers and a hot
grill. Please bring something for the grill, or a side dish. Class will
commence after lunch.

Class synopsis

This is a class about the logistics of feast stewarding and
feast serving. It covers three parts: Prep work, and the day of cooking and
serving. (Serving is the purview of the Hall steward. When the food leaves the
kitchen, it leaves the authority of the Feast Steward, and becomes the
responsibility the Hall Steward. They handle plating and coordinating servers.)

The prep work portion of the class includes how to do and
organize site research, general menu stacking and purchasing/pre-cooking food
and sundries.

The day of portion of the class covers all items to be
performed during the day of the feast, from kitchen set up to kitchen cleanup.

While we will briefly go over recipes this isn’t a class on
culinary research though we can go over that in a further class if the interest
is there.

Address is 10109 Rita Road, Dallas, TX 75243.

For further information, please contact Lady Gabriele, MoAS
for the Barony of the Steppes either on facebook or at
moas at steppes.ansteorra.org

Lady Gabriele
The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)