HNW - scans of 17th & 18th cent. costumes

Nicole Kipar Nicole.Kipar at zhv.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Nov 5 00:35:31 PST 1997

Good morning Kathryn,

> Are these GIFs from photos in the V&A book on their costume collection?

(they are JPGs....) Well, they are from the postcards on their
costume collection. I had to scan the postcards for a friend anyway
and I thought that someone 'out there' might be interested.

> That book is still in print.

Yes, I've got it. It's wonderful.

 I have a color postcard of the lovely c.1630
> bodice with the red needlework-- One Size Fits Nobody! (she really was very
> teeny, hopefully just a teenager....)

*grin* I'm rather small, especially my upper body but I have no idea
how on earth they fitted into these tiny, tiny jackets (see margaret
laton...). Well, must have been a bad diet on their part...
Best wishes,
nicole
             Marquis Nicole de Kipar
                 - L'Age d'Or -
The Age of the Sun King - The Age of the Musketeers
      http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/1663/
             n.kipar at rwth-aachen.de
              * QUO NON ASCENDET *