HNW - Drawn thread/facsimile patterns/mittens

John Ordway ordway at glasnet.ru
Wed Nov 5 21:18:35 PST 1997

Nan -- thanks for getting back to me.  Your yellow/gold linen apron sounds
very nice.What a great way to use up "old" fabric.  Maybe I should check
out some of MY old tablecloths <g>.
The white towel I'm just finishing up has a row of cross stitch above and
below the drawn work band -- it's all in white, and in this case it doesn't
look like "cross stitch" -- it just sort of flows.  I skipped every other
cluster.  Let me see if I can show you below.
x    x    x    x
X X X X X X X
x    x    x    x              X=wrapped threads   x = cross stitch on top
and below
On the fabric the gaps don't look this large.  What color are you planning
to do the x stitch in?

I'm also impressed by yours and JUDY's e-mail to me -- linen prices really
have come down!  There is nice linen here for blouses, but the weave isn't
tight enough for my sewing pieces.  The linen for "sewing" is hard to find,
but you can't beat the price -- @$3 for a meter at 150cm wide.

Haven't got DH to take me off the digest yet -- he got home too late <g>.
Maryjo