HNW - Drawn thread/facsimile patterns/mittens

Nan Bradford-Reid ad-4na at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 6 07:39:19 PST 1997

At 10:05 AM 11/6/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Actually if the copy write has expired there is no blind eye to turn.  Take
>as just one example, my favorite publisher, Dover books.  They make
>facsimilies of many books for which copywrite has expired and I will
>guarantee they are making a profit.

Quite true, but now Dover owns the copyright, and fair use is permitted, but
not distribution of copies, whether you are making a profit or not.  If you
are giving away photocopies of a Dover book, you are cutting into their
profits and you can bet your bottom bobbin, they won't like it!

BTW, just to keep the record straight, these comments were made privately to
an individual.  She inadvertantly sent my message to the list...So...now I
have to answer publicly.

Nan
|N. Bradford-Reid              |"If you want to inspire confidence, |
|Air Force ROTC Detachment 825 |*give plenty of statistics*.  It    |
|The University of Texas       |does not matter that they should be |
|AD-4NA at mail.utexas.edu        |accurate, or even intelligible, so  |
|Phantom CAP SQDN 42352        |long as there is enough of them."   |
|A-1 Skyraiders Association    |                  Lewis Carroll     |