HNW - Drawn thread/facsimile patterns/mittens

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Fri Nov 7 17:37:04 PST 1997

Dear Nan-

I think I am getting the picture, through all the mud, of copyright. I was
confused when I saw some GIFs in the Living History Forum. They were of
needlework from the V&A and I was wondering how someone could copyright a
photo-- but the photo was taken by the researcher, not the V&A. So I gather
that the photo by the private researcher was a 'creation" and this is why
it is copyrighted. It's weird to me but I am slowly beginning to catch some
drift. Thanks so much for being patient enough to explain.

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries..too little time".