HNW - stumpwork

LASprite@aol.com LASprite at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 18:10:11 PST 1997

I am trying to help a friend place into historical context a fabulous piece
of stumpwork she owns.  It is called, "Esther & Ahashuerus," but the picture
is not the same as that portrayed on the stumpwork piece of the same name fr
the V&A in London.  By style, materials, colors, clothes on the figures,
etc., I'm pretty sure it is 17th C., or late 16th.  Can anyone recall seeing
any other "Esther & Ahasuerus" stumpwork pictures anywhere?  And if so,
where?

Thanks--
Linda Abrams (LASprite at aol.com)