HNW - Curious Works Press / Kathleen Epstein (revisited)

Donna Hrynkiw donna at Kwantlen.BC.CA
Wed Oct 1 19:36:36 PDT 1997

Earlier today I wrote:
> I have:
>  An Anonymous Woman - Her Work (1992, ISBN 0-9633331-1-9)
>  A New Modelbook for Spanish Stitch (1993, ISBN 0-933331-2-7)
>  The Praise of the Needle -- John Taylor's Poem of 1631 (1995, ISBN
>     0-9633331-6-X)
> Donna Hrynkiw

(Now writing from home where I can check my library):

I find I also have the Bassee book mentioned earlier:
  German Renaissance Patterns for Embroidery -- A Facsimile Copy of
    Nicolas Bassee's 'New Modelbuch' of 1568 (1994, ISBN 0-9633331-4-3)

And neatly tucked into "An Anonymous Woman" I found the catalogue I
mentioned previosly. The postage date on the envelope is Aug 1995. In
addition to the books above, she lists:
  Plain and Fancy: American Women and Their Needlework 1650-1850
    by Susan Burrows Swan, revised edition (1995) (No ISBN's are listed
    for any book in the catalogue.)
  A Book of Flowers, Fruits, Beasts, Birds, and Flies: Seventeenth-Century
    Patterns for Embroiderers Printed and Sold by Peter Stent
    Introduction by Cora Ginsburg and Donna Ghelerter (1995)
  Bookplates
    30/pack, "...design consists of rows of double running patterns, blue
    ink on cream paper."

In her note, Ms. Epstein indicates that any of the books may be ordered
directly from Curious Works Press for the price in the catalogue plus 10%
shipping.

Curious Works Press
107 RR 620 South #11-E
Austin, Texas