HNW - Re: HNW- Hardanger and Ukrainian Whitework

EowynA@aol.com EowynA at aol.com
Mon Oct 6 19:44:03 PDT 1997

Tamar wrote:
 >... It shows an embroidery on network.  It's
>hard to tell whether the drawing is accurate or just sloppy, but if it is
>accurate, the network seems to be made by drawn work, as some of the
>threads seem to be woven as well as sewn together.  The solid squares are
>  needle-woven over the network threads.

Sounds fascinating.  But if I understand you correctly, that is embroidery
done
on a net background (like Irish lace?).   I'm looking for something that is
basically solid fabric with small squares of drawn work (say, 8 threads by 8
threads, max) , which is in turn filled with needlelace or squares or
diamonds.  Is that like what you are describing?

Melinda