HNW - Icelandic Embroidery?

Jacquie Samples jacquie-samples at uiowa.edu
Tue Oct 7 05:29:49 PDT 1997

There is an article in "Studies in Textile History: in memory of Harold B.
Burnham" (edited by Veronika Gervers. Royal Ontario Musuem, Toronto Canada,
1977. ISBN 0888541929.) that might interest you.  The article itself is
called "Icelandic Mediaeval Embroidery: Terms and Techniques" by Elsa E.
Gudjonsson.

Kate Irwin wrote:

>Embroidery is not usually my thing (or at least, it *hasn't* been..
>but who is to say it *won't* be anytime soon?) but the mention of
>Iceland intrigues me greatly. Does anyone know anything else about
>this particular source (where one could find a copy, especially in
>English, etc)? I'd be much oblidged if anyone could help...
>
>Kate Irwin

Jacquie Samples

mailto:jacquie-samples at uiowa.edu