HNW - Hardanger and Reticello lace

Karen Green karen at georesearch.com
Tue Oct 7 09:40:05 PDT 1997

It appears I haven't been removed from the list yet, despite three
attempts.  Oh, well ...

Here's a webpage that those who are interested in lacemaking might want
to see:  http://www.victoriana.com/antiques/lace.html

Unfortunately, Joanne sold the 16th century reticello cuff ($100 as I
recall) before I could get to it, but there are other 17th century
pieces still for sale.

Also of interest is Meg Andrews' page at
http://www.victoriana.com/shops/andrews/andrew10.htm -- she sells
Tudor-era slips which she says are actually cross-stitched.  Quite
expensive but the list of slips she carries do give famulous ideas for
future projects.  :)

Karen